1. Shake Shack (chain) good: juicy flat-ish patty, potato bun, addictive sauce, a refreshing yet un-distracting lettuce and tomato
2. Steak & Shake (chain) good: thin smashed burger
3. Schnippers: get the Schnipper’s classic with blue cheese and arugula
4. McDonald’s: I’m embarrassed that I still go here once in a while, but it has that classic McDonald’s-y taste…I don’t want to think about what it is
5. Umami Burger (chain): The bun is sometimes too stale and bready, and the heavy reliance on truffle-laced parmesan may be…heavy handed
6. BRGR (chain): juicy, a standard thickness (not smashed thin but not a tall patty), classic toppings–pickles, onions, lettuce, tomato
7. Eats: the patty itself is a little bland but with caramelized onions and cheese it hits the spot
8. Breakroom: one of those burgers that become infamous because of their toppings rather than the quality of flavor itself. But even with an average-just-fine experience you start craving it a couple months later
9. Brindle Room: deemed the best burger by some list I don’t remember, the discerning quality is the excessive fatty taste–which I’m not complaining about but is sort of a cop out in terms of technique. I mean otherwise the burger isn’t exceptionally moist or anything and the hand cut fries taste sorta pedestrian. Anyways I’ll be back again.
10. Mikey’s Burgers: Classic, potato bun, juicy patty, iceberg lettuce. That perfect cross between fast food and diner.
11. Bareburger: Just a flavorful, juicy, tender burger. Soft bun.
Need to Try:
Church Street Tavern
1. Nutty Buddy Popcorn (Almond Butter, Dark Chocolate, Powdered Sugar)
2. Gorgonzola Honey Popcorn (Gorgonzola, Mild Honey Comb, Parsley)
3. Chocolate and sea salt Popcorn (Dark Chocolate, Sea Salt)
4. Spicy Nutella Popcorn (Almond Butter, Dark Chocolate, Smoked Chili Powder)
5. Tika Masala Curry Popcorn (Tumeric, Masala Powder)
6. Sichuan Mala Popcorn
7. Furikake Popcorn
8. Fried chicken Popcorn
9. Duck fat Pecorino and Rosemary Popcorn
10. Chocolate and Dried Cherry Popcorn
11. Truffled Popcorn
12. Mustard Popcorn
A thick hardy dip scooped up by an equally hardy corn or pita chip. Perfection.
Chips and Salsa
Chips and Guacamole
Chips and Hummus
Chips and Baba Ghanouj
Chips and French Onion Dip
Chips and Sour Cream Dip
Chips and Melted Cheese
Chips and Tzatziki
Chips and Spinach and Artichoke Dip
Just enough to feel like a treat.
1. Phantom of the Opera
3. All My Sons
4. Mary Poppins
6. Catch Me if You Can
7. Avenue Q
8. Fuerza Bruta
10. Les Miserables
12. View from the Bridge
13. Warhorse (London)
14. Hedwig and the Angry Inch
15. Spring Awakening
18. An American in Paris
19. The Crucible
20. The King and I
1. Carmen (Met Opera)
2. La Nozze Di Figaro (Met Opera)
3. Roberto Devereux (Met Opera)
4. Die Mahler (Dresden Opera)
1. Boqueria (Pricey, but good)
2. Tertulia (My favorite so far. flavorful yet comforting and satisfying)
3. Cafe Española (nothing to write home about but will get the job done)
4. El Pote (feels really authentic lots of comforting stewy bowls here)
5. Nai (not amazing but edible Paella too salty)
Need to try
1. Casa Mono
2. La Nacional
ok so i can’t get over how perfectly kitschy everything was in this movie like i can’t describe it, it was almost too perfect like it was ready to be worshipped on tumblr and Rookie Mag. It was like art imitating life imitating art. It was as if all the hipster mood boards were thrown up in a movie to be consumed by the same community that produced it. It was like a regurgitation of a regurgitation. What is this world of 2015 where everyone dresses in 90s and 70s clothes? This can’t be unironic can it?
Like Earl and Rachel’s clothes. I can smell the Netflix screen shots peppering everyone precocious 11-18 year old’s tumblr feed.
The stop motion! Their movie parodies! It was too perfect it was almost barf-inducing
The token black best friend and the pretty-in-a-smart-way tragic love interest girl that will change your life forever
The badass intellectual teacher
The hippie but well-meaning parents
Like, haven’t I seen this movie before?
And yet, the dialogue, the feelings felt authentic. For whatever reason, the well-tread territory didn’t feel trite.
Plus, the cinematography was pretty fresh.
This movie reminded me of:
Perks of Being A Wallflower
I don’t know if this is the most accurate one but it’s accurate enough for ME
2) Effects of warming foods
Warming foods have the effects of raising the yang, energy (qi) of organs and warming and improving the circulation and dispelling the cold. These types of food are suitable for people who are yang deficient. Usually with the following symptoms; cold hand, cold feet, cold body, diarrhea, stomach pains or discomfort after eating or drinking cold things, bloating after eating, lack of energy, sore joints, oedema and fluid retention.
If you have any of the following symptoms listed above, it is suitable to eat more of the following warming foods:
3) Foods which are neither warm nor cold, and are suitable for any type of body;
nothing matters we’re just star matter
create to feel in control
a piece of metal
anchors you to real when your mind’s not real
listen to music stare at the ceiling
I get really excited when I see art/design where I’m like That’s genius! I wish I thought of that! I never would have thought of that! I crave that that brain massage click moment whether it’s a perfectly layered punchline or a minimally complex sculpture.
I thought this was dope.
from Digby & Iona